The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express. ~ Francis Bacon
Microblading, Waxing & Tinting
Soak Skincare offers a range of natural skin care treatments with a nurturing and holistic approach to caring for your skin. Our aspiration is to have our guests have radiant and healthy skin.
What Is Microblading?
Microblading is the latest trend in semi-permanent makeup. Microblading is done manually using a sharp tool with micro needles to create hair like strokes to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair by depositing cosmetic quality pigment superficially in the upper region of the skin.
What Is the Difference Between Microblading And Traditional Tattooing?
It’s a beautiful and more natural alternative to eyebrow tattooing. Instead of outlining and completely filling in the outline of your brows with color, microblading actually allows for the placement of hair-like strokes into the skin. Whereas traditional tattooing uses needles on a rotary/coil machine to push ink 7 layers deep into the skin, microblading uses a manual blade and only targets 3 layers of skin.
What are Ombré Brows?
A soft, misty, powder filled brow similar to the look of makeup where the tails of the brow are darker, and fade into a light start to the brow, giving it a very subtle look. Over time, pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows behind – lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail. This technique is a great option if you want something more than Microblading. It’s still natural but not as natural as microblading for it is more defined. It is also a much better option for someone with oily skin for it will lasts longer than microblading on oily skin.
How Long Will It Last?
Because the pigment sits so superficially in the skin the strokes are sharp, crisp, and they mimic the look of real hair. Your new brows will last anywhere between 1-2 years depending on your skin, exposure to the environment, and your aftercare.
Will the Pigments Change Color?
The microblading pigments we use are all organic and will not change color as they lose saturation over time (not all pigments are created equal).
What If I Want to Change My Brow Shape Later?
Thanks to the 1-2 year expected life of the semi-permanent makeup, the client can change the way their brows look as trends change.
Who Is Not an Ideal Candidate for Microblading?
– Depending on how oily your skin is, you may not get ideal results. Oil can prevent pigment from adhering to your skin. Oil can cause makeup and other cosmetic products to slide off the skin, pigment is no exception. On average, oily skin clients have reported that they’ve received better results with the pigment sticking after the 3rd session.
– Anyone with thyroid problems may experience quicker pigment fading due to medications.
– Anyone with diabetes type I or II, high blood pressure, autoimmune disease, Graves’ disease, lupus or any other medical condition that causes slow healing or higher risk of infection will have to get a note from their physician before microblading.
– Avoid alcohol and aspirin 24 hours prior to appointment
– No electrolysis for at least 5 days prior
– No microdermabrasion, Botox, AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), retinoids for at least 2 weeks prior
– No chemical peels or laser treatments for at least 6 weeks prior
– Stop fish oil consumption for 2 weeks prior
Will It Hurt?
Before the process starts, we apply a topical numbing cream. Depending on your tolerance, you may still experience some discomfort. Please refrain from drinking anything with caffeine 24 hours prior to your appointment to ensure that you stay comfortable during your session.
How Long Does the Process Take?
From start to finish the entire process takes approximately 1.5 – 2 hours. This includes filling out paperwork, creating a shape that you’ll love, numbing, and the microblading itself. Of course, lots of before and after photos are also taken.
How Long Will I Be Red For?
This varies from person to person. Usually there’s very minimal redness and swelling (see photos in our gallery – after photos are taken immediately after session). Usually redness and tenderness will be alleviated after a few hours.
Your eyebrows are designed uniquely for you. We take the time to carefully measure and draw them to fit your facial structure and features. We will work together and revise until you’re satisfied with the shape before we begin the process.